Take Part in the Giving Tuesday Day of Action #ForTheAnimals
Giving Tuesday is a powerful day. It's a day of international giving, when people from all over the world support their favorite charities by giving critical donations that will help fund their work all year long. This year, Giving Tuesday is November 27 and, as an added bonus, all donations made to The Humane League that day will be DOUBLED!
We know that you've supported us—whether by following us on social media, checking in on our blog, or signing up for our emails—and your encouragement has been vital to so many groundbreaking changes for animals. That's why, this year, we're asking you to turn Giving Tuesday into a Day of Action #ForTheAnimals and help us to raise money that will allow this momentum to continue into 2019 and beyond!
One of the most effective ways you can help is by setting up a fundraiser on Facebook! It's simple, quick action that could make all the difference. Here's how to set up a fundraiser of your own:
- On Giving Tuesday, sign onto Facebook. On the left-hand side of your newsfeed, under Explore, click on Fundraisers.
- You'll be taken to a page where you'll be prompted to click a button that says "Raise Money".
- It will ask who you want to raise money for, and you should choose the "Non-profit" option. Then you'll be able to choose The Humane League!
- Set a fundraising goal. It can be large or small. Anything helps!
- In your fundraiser post, tell your friends why The Humane League matters to you. Make it personal. Talk about ways that you've volunteered with us, or things that we've accomplished that have inspired you. You can also mention our I'm Not Lovin' It campaign, which is the biggest campaign we've ever undertaken and one that's still very active. Don't forget to mention the matching challenge!
- Make sure to tag The Humane League in your post, and use any of the hashtags #WhyIGive, #ForTheAnimals, or #GivingTuesday as you see fit.
For example, "I support The Humane League this #GivingTuesday because all animals deserve to be treated with respect. Please join me in making a donation to The Humane League today. All donations will be DOUBLED until midnight tonight! #ForTheAnimals #WhyIGive"
And that's it! It will take only a few minutes of your time, but it will make a difference for the animals.
The Humane League exists because of people like you. Dedicated, passionate individuals who are changing the world. Every success we've had—from receiving commitments for improved chicken welfare policies from giants like Subway and Starbucks, to launching our own plant-based resource site EatingVeg.org, to holding some of our biggest protests and campaign actions we've ever had as part of our I'm Not Lovin' It campaign—has been because of your support. We couldn't be more grateful for your help. Thank you for working to make Giving Tuesday a day when we can all give to the animals who need us the most.